Sunday, April 11, 2010

Harlem - Hippies


(8)

Garage rockers Harlem are back with their sophomore release Hippies, and it's great. I have a solid spot in my heart for these lo-fi garage bands (Black Lips, Them, King Khan) especially the ones from the Atlanta scene, and Harlem takes it's spot with them best of them. Much like "Flower punk" rockers Black Lips, Harlem brings the sunny sing along infectious sloppy tunes.

There really isn't a weak spot on this album, but there are highlights. Gay Human Bones, Torture Me, and Number One are my personal favorites. My only problem with it is that there isn't really anything new from their first album Free Drugs. But this one is just as good, and it's good enough for me that a band consistently puts out great stuff.

Sounds Like
Sunny lo-fi garage rock

No comments:

Post a Comment