Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma


I came across a leak of Flylo's 3rd about a week ago. It's good, hell it's great. I've been patiently waiting for this for about two years until I could wait no longer. It truly is a "cosmic drama" as Flying Lotus claimed in a recent interview about his intended direction of the album. He stated that this is the album he always wanted to make before he had the means to do so.

Flying Lotus' second album was highly texturized and "metallic" sounding with pounding beats and percussion. This one is more 'organic' so to speak. It's more far out and cosmic/space sounding. There's a lot of instrumentation as well, some harps, bass, orchestra shit...it's more 'beautiful' sounding in general. He still dishes the video game synths though so don't worry about the sound changing too much, it definitely still sounds like Flylo, just a lot more progressive.

I'm not going to give it a rating because the rip thats floating around isn't the best of quality so I can't really judge. But it is great, everything I hoped it would be. It's just hard to judge a electronic album of this complexity without hearing how good the production is. I'll do a follow up once I have the real copy in May


No comments:

Post a Comment