Monday, April 12, 2010

2000-2010

Its just hitting me right now. The past decade was long as fuck. How old were you in 2000? Ten years younger than you are now, thats how old. With in this awkward transition period after the influential 90's there's been a lot of diversity in pop music.
The early '00 were the worst. What were you listening to in 2000? Britney Spears probably. Her album Oops I Did it Again was number one on billboard. Destiny's Child was huge in 2001 with Survivor. In 2002 it was Eminem's The Eminem Show. Remember all the press it got on how its themes were so "questionable"? 2002 introduced the alternative to Britney with Avril Lavigne's Let Go. And I thought things were changing then with that new movement.

2004 was the year of "rock" with Greenday's foray into the spotlight with American Idiot, and Linkin Park's Meteora. The later end of decade was a little more modern to the times. Chili Peppers returned with Stadium Archadium. I still remember the day I went out to buy that (probably because I bought The MArs Volta's 3rd on the same day). 2007 was more Avril and Linkin Park.

2008 was pretty recent right? Wrong. It was the beginning of the cheap bubblegum hip hop of t-pain, T.I. and Young Jeezy.

This is not to mention all of the "buzz ballad bands" like 3 Doors Down, Stained and Lifehouse. And people used to actually listen to this shit. Fuck as far as I know people still do, knowing that Miley Cyrus is constantly number one on itunes.

Lets hope for a better decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment