Monday, May 10, 2010

Little Dragon - Little Dragon


(8.5)

I say screw The Knife and their disturbingly grotesque singing voices. Little Dragons is the best band from Sweden. I'm reviewing their debut album because I personally believe it's the best vocal centered album I have heard in ever. In ever. their new LP Machine Dreams is good, but it's just not as sensuous and more poppy than their original sound.

You'll hear the first song, the quite piano ballad Twice, and literally fall in love with Japanese-Swedish singer Yukimi Nagano. She's like the white Erykah Badu, a great R&B singer with an amazing voice. The music is great too. It's like a weird sleek minimalist electro pop thing (probably from the Japanese half of her) with an urban feel. Constant Surprises is my favorite track on the album. Possibly my all time favorite R&B track as well. It's one of those late night looking-at-the-city-though-the-window-of-an-el-car-song. The closer Wink is a highlight as well, probably the most upbeat and dynamic pieces on the album.

So much soul. Such great production. Too under the radar for it's own good.

Sounds Like
Future R&B

No comments:

Post a Comment